Bronkhorst Mass Flow and Pressure Meters/Controllers can be supplied as EtherCAT® slave devices. This fieldbus system offers short data update times (also called cycle times) with low communication jitter (for synchronization purposes) and low hardware costs.
- CAN application layer over EtherCAT® (CoE) support
- device profile DS-404 'Measurement Devices and Closed Loop Controllers' support (controller function block)
- second address (station alias) configurable with 3 rotary switches in the range 0..4095 (0xFFF)
- configurable Process Data (PDO) settings (max. 20 objects can be added to TxPDO and max. 20 to RxPDO)
- +15 Vdc or +24 Vdc supply voltage
- ethernet patch or crossover (S)FTP cables in CAT5e quality can be used (0.15..100 m)
- bus termination is not necessary
Bronkhorst EtherCAT® Instruments have been successfully tested with Conformance Test Tool ET 9400.
EtherCAT® is a registered trademark and patented technology, licensed by Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany